Bio-Magnesium 200 mg
Is vital to enable your body to function properly. Deficiency, due to modern processing, refining and additives in our food, can cause heart problems, migraines, PMS, fatigue, IBS, high blood pressure, asthma, back pains etc. Magnesium enables the body to absorb calcium.
Magnesium controls more than 300 different enzyme processes in the body, many of which play a natural role in normal muscle function, nervous system function, and psychological functions. Magnesium is also important for the maintenance of normal bones and teeth.
Benefits of magnesium
There are 20-28 g of magnesium in the human body, of which 99% is located within the cells where it:
- Regulates over 300 enzyme systems and is required for division of cells
- Protects the cells against a range of diseases
- Improves immune system fights infection, revitalises organs and allows the body to reject toxins, used cells etc.
- Is required for normal muscle functions. Calcium is involved in muscle contraction. Magnesium allows muscles to relax
- Important for the heart and the entire circulation system, as it prevents blood pressure from rising
- Helps the body to utilise calcium and make bones strong
- Together with calcium is required to regulate T-lymphocytes, which transform into killer cells, which are able to attack, among other things, cancer
In the event of magnesium deficiency the permeability of the cell membranes is affected, causing potassium and calcium to be forced out, while sodium and calcium force their way in. This influx of sodium releases calcium from the mitochondria and this gives rise to a substance called AMP, which causes the cell membranes to become even more permeable. This vicious circle eventually results in cell death.
What deprives the body of magnesium?
A number of diseases increase magnesium loss including diabetes, kidney diseases and certain hormonal disorder. Magnesium loss with urine is also increased by alcohol and various diuretic medicines, heart medicine and antibiotics. Profuse sweating causes considerable loss of magnesium.
Stress (especially Geopathic Stress) drains the body of magnesium and can drastically reduce the body’s absorption of magnesium from food and supplements. Also the more we eat processed food the less magnesium we get. Refining/processing whole-wheat to white flour, polished rice and corn to starch reduces magnesium contents by over 80%. The same applies regarding the increased amount of radiation and additives introduced to our food to make it last longer.
Magnesium deficiency is very common. Magnesium can be excreted when we are stressed and eating a high caffeine, high sugar diet. If you fidget, have restless legs, suffer from anxiety, have hypertension or palpitations, you could need more magnesium in your diet. Magnesium is believed to have an anti-hypertensive effect and may help with sleep patterns.
Magnesium levels in the body deplete following intense physical activity, or by drinking alcohol. Many individuals may not have an adequate intake of magnesium, because of their reliance on processed foods, which contain little magnesium.
Magnesium deficiency is linked with many diseases including:
- Heart problems
- Pre Menstrual Syndrome
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Back pains
- Also dementia, schizophrenia, depression, anxiety, agitation, irritability, restlessness, hallucination, osteoporosis, muscle cramps and spasms.
Why Pharma Nord Bio-Magnesium:
- Manufactured to pharmaceutical standards.
- Contains 3 forms of Magnesium, giving greater bioavailability and, therefore, more benefit to the body.
- Each tablet provides you with 200 mg of pure magnesium.
- The tablet dissolves completely within a few minutes – even in people with a low acid content.
Bio-Magnesium® Product Information
Declared content per tablet:
Magnesium 200 mg
The raw materials comply with government regulations in the EC and Scandinavia. Testing ensures that the raw materials are in accordance with their certificates of analysis.
The tablets are produced under pharmaceutical control.
Micro-crystalline cellulose, Dicalcium phosphate, Hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose, Magnesium salts of fatty acids and Silicon dioxide
Did You Know…
Magnesium supplements from Pharma Nord contain a complex of three different Magnesium compounds acetate, hydroxide and carbonate. This ensures good bio-availability.
Magnesium controls more than 600 different enzyme processes in the body, many of which contribute to normal muscle function, nervous system function, and psychological functions. Magnesium is also important for the maintenance of normal bones and teeth.
People with renal disease should exercise caution if taking magnesium supplements.
Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.