British soils are low in selenium. As a result the average daily intake from food is only 31 mcg, whereas W.H.O. recommends 50-200 mcg.
Selenium is a very important antioxidant, being the body’s natural defence against free radicals, which are believed to contribute to the development of heart conditions, cancer, arthritis, allergies and the ageing process. Initial clinical trials have shown selenium can reduce the chance of getting cancer by 50%. The selenium in Pharma Nord’s tablets are the most easily absorbed L-Seleno-methionine.
Bio-SelenoPrecise 200mcg comes in tablets containing 100 mcg Selenium.
The trade name of the preparation is Bio-SelenoPrecise 200mcg. It is sold in tablets packed in blister packs, in boxes of 90.
Why Pharma Nord Bio-SelenoPrecise 200mcg:
- Manufactured to pharmaceutical standards.
- SelenoPrecise yeast – GUARANTEED total absorption of 89%. The highest in the world!
Bio-SelenoPrecise are small, round white tablets each containing 200 micrograms of selenium from Pharma Nord’s patented, standardized selenium yeast. SelenoPrecise contains in addition to selenomethionine more than 20 other organic selenium compounds. SelenoPrecise stands out by being able to document a very high level of bio-availability and a stable quality:
- 15 laboratories in 12 different countries have measured the content of L-methionine selenium in SelenoPrecise to be high and stable
- 89% of the selenium content is absorbed in the body
Why so many different selenium compounds?
Bio-SelenoPrecise contains many different selenium compounds because each type of selenium has different functions in the human body. By supplying a wide spectrum of selenium compounds it is possible to emulate the natural variety of selenium types found in selenium rich food. This, scientists believe, has the best effect on our health.
Selenium is an essential trace element (mineral) of fundamental importance to human health.
Why Pharma Nord Selenium Supplement?
- Good for immunity, fertility and thyroid health
- The highest documented selenium absorption in the world
- World’s only pharma grade selenium yeast – your guarantee for consistent quality
- Contains more than 30 organically bound selenium compounds, including L-selenomethione
- Used in more than 40 published scientific trials
- Gluten Free / Lactose Free / Soy Free / Sugar Free